Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Merchant BPI (Best Practice Integration) squad, you will be joining a brand new team and work as a full stack engineer, building new features and enhancements, focusing on the customer’s experience whilst using merchant’s site as well as the merchant integration experience.
You will provide solutions to complex problems, architectural and design discussions, guide and coach less experienced engineers, and contribute to the growth of Zip’s Engineering team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will also work closely with the Product Manager, Product Designer and Engineering peers. This role will play a critical part in achieving business goals.
You will focus on improving our front end, back end and infrastructure for this squad.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Experience improving front end performance
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience working in a microservices environment
- Experience with Database SQL Server or PostgreSQL
Bonus points for:
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce
This role can be located anywhere within Australia, or join our Hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.