Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Engineer in the Customer Core team, you will play a lead role in delivering the Engineering and Product roadmap, with a focus on solutions that authenticate and identify our customers when using their Zip Pay and Zip Money accounts.
In an environment where our Engineers are trusted to deliver, we’ll look to you to manage a breadth of workflows that shape our customer experience, including account login, development of secure APIs, upgrades to the very latest identity versions and design and build of best-in-class sign in screens.
You are someone who thrives on shipping quality work at pace, and from day one you will feel the rewards of end-to-end ownership of the systems you build, and for adding value to the lives of millions of customers faster than you may in a larger corporate setting.
You will be working on a modern, best-in-class tech stack, with the freedom to experiment in order to solve interesting technical challenges which are directly tied to some of our most important business metrics attached to customer experience.
And because we’re still operating in a new sector, you will get a lot of opportunities to put your skills to the test in scenarios where we don’t have all the answers. So if you enjoy learning, putting ideas forward and providing technical guidance to others, this role will be a great fit.
This is the type of environment where, if you see a problem, you fix it - you’ll be backed to make the right call on work that’s highly visible. And if you’re looking for support, you’ll have a friendly team on hand who are generous with their time as we continue to help Australian communities to spend with confidence.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Experience with the latest versions of .NET
- Experience with Authentication and Identification (OAuth 2.0)
- Experience working in a Cloud environment, ideally AWS
- Experience with microservices and event-based architectures
- Knowledge of SQL and DynamoDB
Bonus point for:
- Implementing Identity in Cloud environment
- Experience with front end technologies such as React or Angular
This role can be remote anywhere within Australia, or choose to join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.