Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
Our Data & Risk team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to take ownership of end to end model development and strategy build across a number of key risk controls including; early warning, collections and recovery models. You’ll also own the delivery of model performance insights after production.
This is a high visibility role within an area that has organisation level priority for Zip, meaning that you’ll be working on truly impactful work. If you’ve got proven experience working with credit risk data and an appetite for solving business problems, we would love to hear from you.
If you’re looking for a role where you can stretch your technical skills, whilst having genuine ownership across the full model lifecycle then this role will be a great fit for you!
- Own the development and regular maintenance of various data science models and model-based strategies for: Early warning model, Collections & Recovery.
- Support the risk directors and executives with various analytical insights and conduct ad-hoc ‘deep-dives’ as required.
- Help to define a strategic roadmap across your specific model build space.
- Work closely with a range of business stakeholders from: Collections, CRM and Credit Risk.
To help us level up you'll bring:
- Expert SQL skills.
- Interest in solving business problems and the ability to work cross functionally.
- Proven experience in credit risk analytics or model development.
- Experience developing credit risk models using Python or R.
- Knowledge of collections process or collections analytics is a bonus!
- Experience with Databricks is great!
What this role will offer you:
- Ownership of end to end delivery of your models and freedom to #changethegame.
- Movement at Zip speed, the ability to see your models up in production within a short space of time.
- Opportunity to own and deliver strategy across key business initiatives.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.