Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
This role sits within the Receivables Management team, reporting directly to the Collections Team Leader.
The team is responsible for managing our customers who have fallen behind on their loan repayments by negotiating payment terms and best solutions for financial well-being.
We genuinely care and offer assistance to our customers who may be in financial hardship with reasonable plans to help them get back to financial wellness.
What you will own and support:
- Managing early arrears portfolio end to end
- Making suitable arrangements with customers as per our credit policy
- Monitoring financial hardship, variations, bankrupts and defaults register
- Responding to inbound collections queries
- Following up on broken payment arrangements and renegotiating new arrangements
- Providing customers with solutions to their queries
- Educating delinquent customers to prevent future arrears
- Processing and managing incoming cheques
To help us level up, you will bring:
- 12 months experience in an office or customer service environment
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively prioritise, manage deadlines and understand new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Outcome focused
- Highly organised and detail-orientated with focus on time management
- Ability to understand business needs, consistently meet expectations and respond promptly and professionally to business requests or enquiries, seeking guidance as appropriate
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Problem-solving, analytical, decision making and collaborative skills
- Knowledgeable in the regulatory space within Collections (preferable)
- Experience in Collections/Receivables Management (preferable)
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.