Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Senior Reconciliations Analyst in our Finance Team, you will be responsible for owning the transactional level reconciliations process with third-party payment service providers end to end, including managing cashflow requirements, settlements, rebates, and associated balance sheet reconciliations.
You will also have an opportunity to be involved in broader Finance and business projects, especially as new products are launched. You will bring your passion for continual improvement and the use of technology to continue to evolve Zip’s internal Finance function.
- Own and manage daily transactional reconciliations and settlement of funds between internal systems and external providers.
- Manage operating cash flows and floats relating to third-party payment service providers, and ensuring there are sufficient funds for settlement and payments.
- Manage affiliate revenue, and daily merchant and payments partner reconciliations, including any rebate calculations.
- Manage ad-hoc invoicing for merchant-funded marketing campaigns
- Ensure GST treatment for transactions relating to third-party payment service providers, rebates, affiliate revenue, and ad-hoc invoicing is correct.
- Manage associated Balance Sheet GL accounts, ensuring they are reconciled promptly and that any queries relating to unallocated transactions or unreconciled balances are investigated and resolved effectively and in a timely manner.
- Manage month-end revenue, rebate, and COS journals relating to payment service providers, partners, and affiliates.
- Assist with reporting of month-end Operational data.
- Identify reconciliation efficiency opportunities and driving process improvement by leveraging internal and external reporting tools.
- Be the SME for the reconciliation software ensures functionality is optimized.
- Collaborate within finance to drive process improvement (using query-related reporting languages where applicable).
- Provide required Product Support within Zip’s Core business.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Hold an Accounting or Finance Degree, or equivalent related experience.
- Strong reconciliation experience - clear understanding on our debits & credits, financial statements transactions are related, and flow.
- Experience working with source financial data, this includes manipulation, validation, and integrity.
- Clear understanding of finance, in particular the credit/lending market.
- Experience in a dynamic environment startup team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Change the Game.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.