Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As Payments Operations Specialist, you will monitor and support our product portfolio for payments in the Australia / New Zealand business. It’s an exciting opportunity to help Zip further improve our processes and across payments.
You’ll guide our product team on compliance with scheme and industry requirements, undertake cost analysis, and manage the operational relationships with our payments partners. We’ll want you to be involved in strategic discussions, as well as leading on operational matters.
We need you to be an analytical thinker with a passion for problem solving, and a thorough understanding of the payments industry. You’ll work closely with senior leadership across our Product team, as well as wider stakeholder groups such as finance and marketing, to take our payments scheme compliance to the next level.
To help us level up, we'll need you to bring
- 3+ years’ experience in the payments industry roles, within an issuer or acquirer, scheme or service provider
- Understanding of the intricacies of the payments industry - you'll need to know what scheme rules, reason codes, and PSPs mean, and how reporting works across the industry
- Experience working with data and analytics at scale, to understand patterns and optimise performance
- Understanding of the revenue and cost components of payments, including interchange and fee structures
- Familiarity with partnership management and the confidence to manage these relationships when necessary
- Familiarity with contracts, how to read them and how to assess compliance with them
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Confident in your own abilities, yet humble enough to admit when wrong
- At home in a fast-paced environment and able to move with a sense of urgency, but sensitive enough to give people space/comfort to add suggestions
- A love of autonomy and working in close teams
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.