Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a UX Researcher, you will be part of the wider Product Design team and working closely with many areas of Zip: alongside Product Designers, Product Managers, Market Research, Marketing, Data analytics, and more, working across our Consumer and Merchant experiences.
You’ll be working in an agile environment with cross-functional teams, be involved in both generative and evaluative research, and helping our business solve complex problems by taking conducting research, customer interviews, usability testing, prototyping and more. You will also be involved with ResearchOps to support Zip employees conducting research.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about running research and empowering others to do their own research too.
- Design research: evaluative and generative
- Support how we coach and empower Product to do research
- Setup recruitment
- Help connect the dots between insights and roadmap recommendations
- Run our App NPS study
- Contribute to the wider culture of the Product Design team
- Help us hero our insights in the org to drive meaningful impact on customers
- Continuously improve and own our ResearchOps: e.g. how we recruit, templates, training
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 2+ years experience as a UX Researcher and ResearchOps
- Demonstrated experience working on evaluative research and an understanding, or experience with, generative research
- Experience with ResearchOps: recruitment, tooling
- Experience with agile, cross-functional product teams
- Great collaboration skills
- Ability to plan and time manage own tasks, with support
- Ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives, with support
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
This role can be remote anywhere in Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.