We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As part of the NZ Zip team, you’ll be working closely with a fast paced and lean team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels.
As the sole designer in the NZ business, you will have the freedom to make decisions and be be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the design across key parts of our customer journey.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to be across the core Pay in 4 mobile product, including exploring opportunities across the business as well as ensuring a consistent ‘look and feel’ aligned to Zip consumer offerings, and be involved with designing new product offerings.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 4+ years working in interaction, product, or communication design
- Experience designing on native mobile
- Experience working closely with software engineers
- Have a portfolio of interaction, UX and visual design work that demonstrates your ability to solve customer problems and drive strong business outcomes
- A curiosity for uncovering the true “why” of a problem
- The ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- A proven track record for close team collaboration and influencing outcomes with a well- informed direction
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● Paid birthday and volunteering leave
● Mental health and wellbeing program
● Epic office with a casual dress code
● Fun team with high-growth hustle
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.