Senior Manager, Global Strategic Partnerships
Senior Manager, Global Strategic Partnerships
This role is 100% Remote from anywhere in the United States or Canada (if you happen to love near our New York City office, you're are more than welcome to use it as often as you like)
Our Merchant and Consumer growth ambitions at Zip require a strategic partnerships leader to help us build an enduring partnership pipeline in North America. As our Senior Manager, Global Strategic Partnerships, you will use your deep understanding of the payment partnerships landscape, and be a strong sales and relationship manager. You will work closely with the internal and external executives, product, sales and finance teams to help Zip gain a leading share of the market.
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Partnerships will be part of the Global Payments Strategy and Partnerships team that drives:
- Payment Strategy: Develop strategy and approach to optimize (process and economics) payment processing, both issuing and acquiring, by working with our payment partners, i.e., schemes, payment processors, wallet providers, etc.
- Partnership Enablement: Assess and negotiate global deals with different channels, i.e., PSP’s, eCommerce platforms, Integration layers, etc., to drive revenue via new SMB and Enterprise merchant acquisition via our distribution partners.
- Partnership Management: Drive and track merchant KPIs with our distribution/strategic partners.
- Bring in new distribution partners, and optimize existing partners to drive:
- Merchant Growth
- TTV and Revenue Growth
- Net Transaction Margin Growth
- Improve brand perception and understanding across the payment industry and merchants.
- Collaborate with Sales organizations to optimize the merchant's sales process.
Analyze Market & Payment Landscape and Create New Opportunities
- Develop a consolidated view of payment trends across markets and develop recommendations on new trends/opportunities.
- Conduct deep dives on new opportunities across key verticals.
- Educate executives and sales team on the landscape and partnership opportunities.
- Negotiate commercial deals with strategic partners.
Manage Relationships with Strategic Partners to Grow Market Share
- Develop growth strategy and approach for our key distribution verticals (eCommerce platforms, PSPs, orchestration layers, payment networks)
- Consistently achieve new merchant growth and transaction volume objectives through the partners you source.
- Lead regular education, relationship building and knowledge share between partner teams, and Zip teams.
- Optimize commercial outcomes for Zip across North America and ANZ.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product, Engineering, and Sales teams.
Collaborate with Regional Sales, Product and Marketing Leads on Innovation
- Understand future developments and what Zip can leverage ahead of competitors.
- Become thought leader in partnerships and merchant experience for Zip.
- Collaborate with partners to understand their plans and to develop innovative products and high-impact co-marketing initiatives that will help the partner and Zip succeed.
- Engage with regional sales, product and marketing teams to drive adoption of partner and merchant needs.
Manage Internal Relationships and Expectations
- Regularly align with the regional counterparts to understand intra-region trends, best practices, to get the best results for Zip.
- Regularly share updates on all partnerships, opportunities, and risks with key regional stakeholders.
- Ensure strong processes are built for the success of all partnerships and merchants we bring on.
- Track and analyze partner performance (merchant growth and transaction volume) on Zip and make recommendations for strategic courses of action and improvements.
Requirements for Success
- 5-10+ years of prior leadership or managerial experience as a partnership, sales or relationship leader developing highly productive partner relationships with a payments focus in ecommerce, retail, payments or technology businesses.
- You are relationship focused with a strong customer-first ethic.
- You are a people manager who favors mentorship and learning.
- Strategic thinker with successful experience collaborating with, influencing, and persuading others with your structured thinking.
- Solid financial and commercial acumen.
- Your analytical expertise enables you to process, analyze, and think “outside the box” to obtain results.
- You are metrics and performance driven with a record to prove it.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 25 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
- Remote First Friendly!
Pay Range: $145,000 - $250,000 (USD)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.
By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
- New York
- Sales & Partner Success