- Experience working as a Platform / DevOps Engineer.
- Team environment where you are empowered to problem solve and share your ideas, which will be listened to and acted upon.
- Hybrid, flexible working with three team connect days in the office per week.
Write your story with Zip
Join Zip’s Technology function, responsible for building and maintaining seamless, secure and sustainable platforms that enable customers to shop with confidence and merchant partners to grow their brands.
As a Platform Engineer at Zip you’ll be an SME in infrastructure and CICD Operations, working to ensure that the platforms that underpin the experience that millions of Zip's customers have is reliable and streamlined.
Our platforms team are working across a range of critical projects from cloud migrations, networking and general deployment and maintenance of infrastructure as code to meet business requirements. If you enjoy variety, experimenting with modern tech and solving interesting challenges at pace, this may be the team for you.
What you’ll bring to the team
Zipsters work on a broad range of initiatives, and our skills and experiences all look a little different. What really matters to us is that you’re a great fit with our four Values, and have a desire to learn and grow.
So whether you meet some or all of the desirable attributes below, we’d still love to hear from you:
- Practical knowledge and experience of AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of Kubernetes administration
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Language agnostic (e.g. Python, NodeJs, or equivalent)
- Understanding of networking, web and infrastructure security
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and pipeline development (Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- Ability to problem solve and work independently to work through solutions
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney and Melbourne)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant. #LI-Hybrid
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.