Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Senior Cyber Security Engineer, DevSecOps
- Expertise in Cloud technologies (AWS) desirable, ideally with experience in Cyber Security or Application Security. You could also be a DevOps specialist, who has knowledge of cloud infrastructure security.
- Protect Zip and millions of our customers from cyber threats, tackling interesting challenges every day.
- Hybrid working with three team connect days in office per week.
Write your story with Zip
Join Zip’s Technology function, responsible for building and maintaining seamless, secure and sustainable platforms that enable customers to shop with confidence and merchant partners to grow their brands.
As part of our Cyber Security team, you'll be accountable for developing and delivering the strategies that protect Zip and our customers from a diverse range of cyber threats. In a role where no two days are the same we'll utilise your knowledge to identify protection goals across current and emerging threats and expose you to work that tests and grows your skills.
Our Cyber Security Engineers identify potential threats and risks within our application code and platforms to design and deliver effective solutions that cause the least amount of disruption to our wider technology business.
Within this team at Zip, you’ll be given the opportunity to own and shape the development of your career, with opportunities to progress upwards within Security, or sideways more broadly across Zip’s technology business.
What you’ll bring to the team
Zipsters work on a broad range of initiatives, and our skills and experiences all look a little different. What really matters to us is that you’re a great fit with our four Values, and have a desire to learn and grow.
So whether you meet some or all of the desirable attributes below, we’d still love to hear from you:
- Cloud infrastructure experience, ideally in AWS but would consider Azure
- DevOps or DevSecOps experience
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code CI/CD and API Security
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with containers, kubernetes administration or similar
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain the ‘why’ behind your solutions
- Think team first, not just within your cyber team but across the technology function as a whole
- Problem solving abilities, with the ability to work autonomously and come up with smart solutions.
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney & Melbourne)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant. #LI-Hybrid
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
- IT & Cyber