- Build trust and negotiate repayments with customers in financial distress
- Team environment with opportunity to manage your own workload and multiple cases
- We work 3 days a week in the office, usually Tuesday-Thursday
Start your adventure with Zip
Our Collections team is responsible for building relationships with customers, supporting them through the repayment process in what are often difficult circumstances. This important work requires empathy, strong communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to deliver in line with Zip’s policies, processes and commercial objectives.
Time spent in this role will take your client relationship management skills to the next level, as you develop your understanding of the debt collection process and the importance of fair and appropriate treatment of vulnerable customers.
Cool stuff you’ll be working on
- Provide support to customers in financial distress by agreeing on a reasonable repayment option in-line with our internal collections policy
- Deliver a best-in-class experience for multiple clients, responding to queries in a timely and professional manner and solving customers’ problems
- Showcase your individual personality to build trust and negotiate repayment solutions with customers, liaising with third parties on client queries
- Creating, maintaining and running daily reports on outstanding debt, ensuring accuracy and monitoring progress of repayments
- Supporting the team with the management of Vulnerable Customer cases to ensure fair and appropriate treatment and adherence to internal policies
- Working with the Team Leader of Collections to update systems and policies, monitor results and input into strategic development.
What you’ll bring to the team
Zipsters work with a broad range of tools, languages and platforms, and our skills and experiences all look a little different. What really matters to us is that you’re a great fit with our four Values, and have a desire to learn and grow.
So whether you meet some or all of the desirable attributes below, we’d still love to hear from you:
- 1+ years experience within a corporate or telephone based role, bringing transferable skills from a customer facing role
- Eagerness to learn or have some knowledge of the debt collection processes
- An interest in learning collection techniques and familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements including ACCC debt guidelines and NCCPA
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Sound problem solving capabilities
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload while working as part of a close-knit, successful team
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.