Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Accounts
- Proven experience as a Backend Engineer working in .Net Core (5 or above).
- Support millions of Zip’s customers utilising the best in class tech stack and ship quality work at pace.
- Hybrid working with team connect days in office.
Write your story with Zip
Join Zip’s Technology function, responsible for building and maintaining seamless, secure and sustainable platforms that enable customers to shop with confidence and merchant partners to grow their brands.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Accounts squad, your code will be at the heart of the experience that more than 3.5 million customers have with Zip. You will also help to guide and mentor a high-performing team of Engineers to deliver quality work.
Accounts is responsible for maintaining the many databases and platform integrations related to how a customer transacts with us, from sign-up and onboarding to repayments, this is business-critical work that depends on Engineers who enjoy ownership and embrace change.
What you'll own
- Coach engineering best-practices and guide the team on delivering quality focused solutions
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager in a triad to discover and validate technical problems
- Ensure solutions can balance between long term ambitions and near term goals
- Contribute across teams to core and side projects
- Support the team on monitoring and alerting best practices
- Help to foster a security first mindset within the team
- Display technical excellence across design principles and code quality
- Focus on operational maturity and effective delivery
- Balance outcomes for customers, the team and the business
- Bring an open mind, curiosity and passion for learning
- Jump between empathising with a customer problem and designing an engaging solution
What you’ll bring to the team
Zipsters work on a broad range of initiatives, and our skills and experiences all look a little different. What really matters to us is that you’re a great fit with our four Values, and have a desire to learn and grow.
So whether you bring some or all of the technical skills below, we’d still love to hear from you:
- Expert knowledge of .Net Framework, .Net Core and Entity Framework Core
- Solid experience on working with SQL / No SQL Databases
- Excellent understanding of quality and TDD practices
- Experience with AWS services and CI/CD tools
- Experience deploying apps on Kubernetes
- Experience working with monitoring tools like Newrelic
- Experience in developing microservices
Any of the following is desirable
- Experience working with any Loan Management Systems
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with any Datalake / Data warehouse solutions like SnowFlake
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant. #LI-Hybrid
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.