Senior Data Scientist II
Senior Data Scientist II
- Data Scientist with 5+ years of experience building statistical/ML models for production in the financial services space
- Proven experience collaborating with Fraud, Risk, Product, and Engineering teams to provide ML model recommendations and solutions
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
The data team is responsible for Zip's data analytics platforms across the entire business. They ideate and create data strategies and architectures to better identify opportunities in business operations with data-based recommendations.
As a Senior Data Scientist II, you will leverage your creative and critical thinking skills to develop best-in-class models to unearth thematic opportunities that will impact all areas of the Zip team, specifically, credit and fraud risk, customer experience, marketing, engineering, product, and sales. With your expertise, we will release more models to production with quicker iteration, and will address a broader range of business problems.
How you'll help us change the game
- Create models to support all LIBs across Zip (ex: credit and fraud risk, Product, marketing, CX, Engineering, etc….)
- Build (develop/test/validate) statistical/ML models, data pipelines, deploying models to production, optimization solutions, inference techniques to solve complex problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders
- You will also extract and explore data, validate data integrity, perform ad hoc analysis, evaluate new data sources to improve models
- Ideate/own the ML model pipeline build-out process
- Collaborate closely with Data, Fraud, Risk, and Machine Learning counterparts
- Partner with Product/Marketing leads on merchant and product recommendations for Machine Learning
- Work within a Python, Pyspark (data processing), SQL environment while utilizing Databricks and Snowflake
What you'll bring to the team
- Data Science work within the Financial Services industry will be critical for the success of this role
- 5+ years working in the Data Science space
- Demonstrated experience creating ML models for production
- Experience building and implementing models in production (classification, regression, clustering, etc...)
- Strong coding in Python & PySpark. Adept Python ML stack and analytics/ visualization tools (SQL)
- Knowledge of statistics, optimization techniques and attribution methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have
- Practical experience using Spark
- Degree in quantitative/statistics-related fields (CS, Math, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, etc...) or a gaduate degree
- Python as your primary programming language
- In addition to financial services, eCommerce, or insurance industry experience
- Experience with customer growth modelling
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $161,000 - $222,000 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
- United States
- Data & Analytics