Senior Manager, Finance Operations and Treasury
Senior Manager, Finance Operations and Treasury
- Financial Operations Manager with proven experience creating and maintaining cash flow models for informed decision-making
- You have a knack for building strong relationships, both internally and externally, representing Zip effectively with external partners and fostering collaboration within our finance team
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Join the US Finance team as the Senior Manager, Finance Operations and Treasury and lead a team ensuring the day-to-day cash management operational requirements, as well as the mid and long- term requirements of the US, are forecast, planned for, and met optimally. This role will oversee all aspects of America's business cash management, reporting and analysis that is provided to the US Exec and Boards and has the opportunity to build relationships across Zip Globally.
Key to success will be the ability to manage and control our day to day cash management and finance operations in addition to building, and reporting on a model that forecasts Zip’s funding requirements from both a debt and equity perspective, by month over the following 18 months, and at a summary level over 5 years, to ensure that Zip remains within the liquidity policies and risk tolerance levels approved by the Board.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Optimizing Cash Flow: You'll need to find efficient ways to manage cash flow on a daily and long-term basis. This includes ensuring adequate cash availability while optimizing cash placement in various funding programs and banking partners.
- Peak Retail Management: Handling cash during peak retail trading days like Cyber Friday and holidays presents a unique challenge. You'll be tasked with ensuring the US has sufficient funding to support increased Merchant payment outflows during these periods.
- Financial Modeling for Funding: Building and maintaining complex financial models will be critical for forecasting funding requirements from both debt and equity perspectives. You'll need to address timing differences, analyze variances, and align models with liquidity policies and funding covenants.
- Team Leadership and Development: Leading a small team responsible for daily merchant payments, funding, reporting, and cash movements requires effective leadership and team development skills. You'll play a key role in ensuring accurate cash position forecasts and maintaining robust controls.
- Process Documentation and Risk Management: Documenting cash management processes and implementing additional controls are essential for maintaining financial integrity. You'll identify potential risks, develop approval structures, and create risk control matrices to mitigate these risks.
- Banking Partner Relationships: Building and maintaining relationships with banking partners is crucial. You'll contribute to implementing new banking partner relationships and optimizing workflows for efficient cash management.
- Financial Reporting and Transparency: Maintaining clear distinctions between restricted and unrestricted cash in Flow of Funds activities and reporting is essential for financial transparency and compliance.
- Plan and operationalize cash management for daily and forecasted needs
- Manage cash during peak retail days, ensuring funding for increased Merchant payments
- Optimize cash flow and reserves through funding programs and banking partners
- Own and oversee America’s bank accounts and banking relationships
- Define goals for the newly formed Finance Operations and Treasury Pillar
- Lead a small team handling daily payments, funding, reporting, and cash movements
- Develop approval structures and document cash management processes
- Identify and implement additional controls as needed
- Contribute to new banking partner relationships and workflow optimization
- Ensure clear distinction between restricted and unrestricted cash in Flow of Funds activities and reporting
Modelling & Model Maintenance
- Create and maintain detailed cash flow models for debt and equity requirements
- Perform "what if" analyses and address timing differences
- Ensure compliance with liquidity policies and covenants
- Update models for new initiatives and changes, analyzing variances
- Collaborate with teams to align performance and funding needs
- Incorporate capital expenditure revisions and marketing commitments.
Debt Funding (Treasury)
- Provide forecast debt funding requirements to the Global Treasury Team to ensure funding facilities are in place to meet the requirement in line with the liquidity policies and risk tolerance approved by the Board
- Weekly cash flow updates to Finance leadership, highlighting variances
- Monthly US cash flow forecasts (18 months) for Boards and Execs
- Identify risks and opportunities in the 18-month forecast
- Approve system requirements, maintain Flow of Funds, and provide ad hoc reports
What you'll bring to the team
- 8+ years treasury and cash management experience
- Detailed understanding of consumer finance and payments businesses
- Ability to build relationships both internally and represent Zip on a day to day management basis with a number of business critical external partners
- Ability to lead, manage, coach and motivate a small team of finance specialists
- Demonstrated track record of implementing and maintaining financial controls in relation to cash movements
- Self motivated with “can do” attitude to tackling complex problems in a fast moving environment
- Teasury and cash management experience: you'll bring a wealth of knowledge to the table, enabling you to navigate complex financial challenges with confidence
- The ability to create and maintain advanced cash flow models will be crucial for forecasting funding needs accurately and making informed financial decisions
- A knack for building strong relationships, both internally and externally, representing Zip effectively with external partners and fostering collaboration within our finance team
- The ability to lead, mentor, and motivate a small team of finance specialists, ensuring they perform at their best
- A detailed understanding of the consumer finance and payments sector will be your compass as you navigate the unique challenges of our industry
- The ability to establish and maintain robust financial controls related to cash movements, safeguarding the financial integrity of the organization
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly. We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work.
Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster.
We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $145,350 - $200,583 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment.By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
- United States