Senior Legal Counsel - ANZ
Senior Legal Counsel - ANZ
- Proven technical legal expertise analysing, reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Experience in transactional matters and consumer finance regulations
- Sydney-based candidate highly desirable to adopt hybrid way of working
Your next chapter starts here
As a Senior Legal Counsel on the ANZ Legal Team, you will leverage your experience in transactional matters and consumer finance regulations working directly with the business with the guidance and support of the ANZ General Counsel.
In this role you will work across all business units – providing legal support. You will have a strong legal financial services experience, and have worked across commercial and corporate governance areas.
Help us change the game
- Owning business contracts: Analysing, reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (including partnership, merchant, NDAs, marketing, terms & conditions for promotions, and other service provider agreements).
- Ensuring agreements comply with Zip’s regulatory requirements and that obligations flow through to operationalisation to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Leading projects to streamline and globalise contracts
- Working with commercial teams to strategically understand deals and ensure agreements are commercially sound and can be operationally supported.
- Create and implement processes and templates in order to streamline the contract review process and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Manage external law firms in the provision of requested legal advice and uplift of contracts
- Having a core understanding of Zip’s products and business operations.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of complex corporate, merchant, partnership, marketing and vendor agreements.
- Learn and participate in drafting, negotiating and closing of capital markets transactions (debt facilities, private securitizations) and other equity investments in and by the business.
- Support with advice to internal clients on regulatory matters under supervision and guidance of General Counsel and Director of Compliance.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 7 or more years of prior legal experience from a top-tier law firm and/or in-house counsel position
- Strong focus of experiences in consumer finance and fintech.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and closing transactional agreements/documents (ranging from non disclosure/confidentiality agreements to acquisition/investment agreements and associated schedules), familiarity with debt facilities and core legal terms/concepts associated therewith.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements including core vendor agreements, spanning all commercial terms.
- Experience/familiarity with consumer finance and regulatory laws/ regimes in the AU (and New Zealand is a plus).
- Strong internal and external client interfacing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize a workload in a fast-paced culture while delivering sound legal advice.
- You have a can do attitude and bring solutions to the table – You own it and Do it.
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and to know you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay. We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
While we value our partnership with recruitment agencies our internal TA team is leading this recruitment. As such we won't be able to accept any unsolicited cvs and will not be responsible for any associated agency fees.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- Legal, Risk & Compliance