Product Manager II
Product Manager II
- Help us grow our issuing platform and make it more profitable by using your product management skills and knowledge of the payments industry
- Create payment experiences that customers and merchants love by understanding their needs and using data to develop and launch new features
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
As the Product Manager for our issuing platform, you will play a pivotal role in helping Zip become the default payment method for everyone, everywhere and work closely with your engineering manager and engineering team. The issuing platform allows customers to transact anywhere Visa is accepted. In this role, you’ll work with your engineering, product, risk, finance, design, marketing, legal, executive, and external partners to optimize existing payment flows and build out new seamless payments experiences across multiple customer-facing products processing billions in payment volume.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
Your KPIs will revolve around driving incremental payment volume, improving transactional unit economics, reducing customer friction within the purchasing journey, and maintaining platform stability and uptime.
Within the first 3 months:
- Deep understanding of upstream and downstream dependencies of the issuing platform
- Leading prioritization and refinement for projects already in the pipeline to ensure on time delivery
- Ownership of one to two key initiatives directly related to your team’s OKRs
- Built strong relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Comfortable with tracking and reporting your team’s KPIs on a regular basis
Within 6 months:
- Go-to domain expert and thought leader on product questions and customer pain points
- Material improvements or path to success relating to your team’s OKRs
- Influencing and leading your team’s quarterly planning and commits
What you’ll bring to the team
- 5+ years of product management experience within fintech or payments industry
- Experience and understanding of credit card processing, new payment methods, flow of funds, and financial ledgers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on OKRs or KPIs
- Strong communication and presentation skills, especially to technical and non-technical stakeholders with the ability to synthesize complex topics
- Excellent SQL knowledge and attention to detail leveraging data and customer/merchant insight
- Bonus points if you have experience with two-sided marketplaces or platforms
- Be a thought leader in how customers and merchants engage with Zip’s payment platform
- Define, develop, a/b test, and launch new features at scale.
- Use data-driven insights/research and understand problems to identify opportunities that drive value for our customers and merchants
- Think strategically and high level but also get your hands dirty in the details using data and research
- Deeply understand the business as a subject matter expert; teams rely on your knowledge/insight to make informed decisions
- Up to date on the latest payments trends and financial products
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $135,200.00 - $186,567.00 based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States