Senior Third Party Risk Management & Procurement Officer
Senior Third Party Risk Management & Procurement Officer
- Third Party Risk Management Officer with 6+ years experience in risk/compliance, vendor management, third-party risk management and/or related disciplines
- Risk Management professional who possesses dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all organizational tiers and build positive working relationships
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start Your Adventure with Zip
As part of the Enterprise Business Risk Office, you will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining a global best-in-class robust, flexible Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program to enable Zip’s business strategy with appropriate risk management and oversight in place. Additionally, you play a pivotal role in our procurement and supply chain operations. You will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and purchasing services for Zip, ensuring cost-efficiency, quality, and timely delivery.
Specifically, as a key contributor to the second line of defense, you will be responsible for governance and oversight of Zip’s third-party risks and for assessing the effectiveness of the controls in place to identify, assess, monitor, respond to, and manage Zip’s third-party risks throughout the third-party supplier lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be a domain expert in TPRM, customer-centric, an excellent communicator, have an agile mindset and be able to develop approaches that scale. Collaborating, building influence in cross-functional partnerships, and developing stakeholder relationships across the organization and with third-party providers is an essential part of this role.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Build and implement Zip's global TPRM program, aligned with stakeholders and processes
- Drive holistic and consistent TPRM, aligned with risk management and regulations
- Evaluate TPRM program and internal controls, recommend and drive improvements
- Oversee vendor risk assessments, methodologies, monitoring, documentation, remediation, and reporting
- Monitor vendor performance, proactively identify and remediate risks
- Implement tools and automation to improve TPRM management and oversight, and mature processes to scale the program globally
- Maintain individual vendor views and aggregate risk views, linked to operational risks
- Design, develop, and produce monthly TPRM reports that track and report on TPRM activities
- Develop KPIs and other metrics to measure and track TPRM compliance, risk, and effectiveness
- Support and provide input for internal and external audits, collaborate to remediate findings
- Provide guidance to business leaders and first line of defense on TPRM requirements
- Review existing and evolving regulations, craft implementation plans
- Support Zip's commitment to risk management and data protection
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BS or BA degree; Advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience in risk/compliance, vendor management, third-party risk management and/or related disciplines
- VM/TPRM/Procurement experience in banking or Fintech is preferred. Prior Big 4 or consulting experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Vendor Management, and regulatory compliance (e.g. ISO, SOX, SOC 2, as they relate to TPRM) activities
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and managing vendor management/TPRM/procurement programs; performing and leading third-party risk assessments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all organizational tiers and build positive working relationships
- Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- A strong customer service mindset is a must
- Analytical, strategic, and tactical skills with demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in cross-functional/cross-divisional teams to solve cross-functional/cross-divisional problems
- Advanced technical skills preferred (Excel, SQL)
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $125,100 - $172,638 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States
- Legal, Risk & Compliance