Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Proven technological leader with extensive expertise in global product development, microservices, API/cloud-driven architectures, and experience with event sourcing and domain-driven design-based environments
- CTO who fosters innovation in a high-paced, customer-centric environment while exemplifying our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Join Zip’s Engineering function and put your name to solving fascinating challenges at scale in an agile, test-driven development environment. If you value good domain-driven design and enjoy delivering quality work at pace, you’ll be a great fit with the squads responsible for building cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments.
As Zip’s CTO, you will be the driving force behind our US Technology teams, guiding them towards innovative excellence and operational brilliance. You will lead the charge in building a collaborative, high-performing tech organization, nurturing a culture of engineering excellence and continuous learning. Your expertise in cutting-edge technologies, combined with a track record in creating scalable and resilient products, will be instrumental. If you're passionate about pioneering change, fostering collaboration, and delivering customer-centric solutions, this role offers a thrilling opportunity to make a lasting impact. Join us in shaping the future of technology and revolutionizing the way we serve our customers
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Play a key strategic and leadership role across US Technology teams, contributing to the strategy, product and operational aspects of the US business
- Develop, execute and continuously improve our local technology strategy and roadmap to achieve our ambitious goals whilst building product capabilities which align closely with our global teams
- Build and lead a high-performing technology organization that collaborates effectively with global teams across geographies - fostering a culture of collaboration, ‘Engineering excellence’ and an ownership mindset
- Transform, inspire and evolve our people and leadership capabilities while creating an engineering and learning culture
- Identify new and emerging technologies, monitor industry trends and bring ideas on how Zip can innovate and change the game
- Collaborate with cyber security on strategy and driving security aware behaviors across the US organization
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional peers to ensure we are championing and delivering scalable and customer centric solutions and experiences in-line with objectives, emerging customer trends and the competitive landscape
- Prepare and manage budgets and day-to-day management of P&L
What you’ll bring to the team
- Deep technology experience in building global products and platforms
- The understanding of the principles of ‘build once, rollout everywhere’
- Proven track record as a builder and leader, and significant engineering and people leadership experience in microservices-based, API-driven architectures, agile software delivery and single thread ownership models
- Experience in public and private cloud, Docker/containerization technology, software-defined infrastructure, site reliability/chaos engineering principles, etc.
- A strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines, test automation and domain driven design
- Experience with .Net, React, or Azure AKS environments
- Experience in modern technology design paradigms and tech stacks is highly desirable
- Strong experience in building highly scalable, highly available, low latency products with high resiliency preferably in the payments or consumer domain
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment where you have lead, developed and inspired large teams of diverse employees (120+) with the ability to pivot and adapt with a sense of urgency
- High accountability mindset, low ego, team player, the best answer always wins
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field required; master’s degree preferred with computer science preferred
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $280,000 - $420,000 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States