Senior Cloud Security Engineer II
Senior Cloud Security Engineer II
- Hands-on, IC Senior Security Engineer comfortable working with Azure cloud configurations and implementing security remediation tactics at a technical level
- Experienced engineer who fosters a risk-based, “automate everything”, collaborative, and “blameless” way of working
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Join Zip’s Engineering function and put your name to solving fascinating challenges at scale in an agile, test-driven development environment. If you value good domain-driven design and enjoy delivering quality work at pace, you’ll be a great fit with the squads responsible for building cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing cloud security controls that ensure the trust and reliability of our Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) service. Your day to day work will span analyzing an Azure cloud-native, microservices environment for security control gaps and implementing secure configurations and solutions for network, IAM and application security. You will champion cross-functional collaboration across security and engineering teams and implement globally applicable controls wherever possible.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Assess and implement secure architecture patterns in Azure for identity and access management, container and API security, key management, patching and network segmentation.
- Investigate design flaws and security configurations
- Participate in annual cloud architecture assessment and quarterly audit/risk assessments
- Integrate third party SaaS and Security products securely into a containerized cloud-native environment
- Support incident response analysis and internal penetration testing, as needed
- Produce detailed cloud configuration assessments and evidence artifacts for internal and external audits (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and SOC audits).
- Work with engineering teams to deploy secure-by-design product features and enhancements
- Create and maintain a repository of technology architecture diagrams and threat models.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure continuous adoption of security controls and remediation of security findings
- Present security and risk posture narratives for leadership and board reporting
Key FY Initiatives
- Uplifting the Zip U.S. security maturity via standardized security implementations
- Elevating the application security program to ensure proper security controls from design through production
- Automate security solutions for automated patching, identity and access management, and API security
What you’ll bring to the team
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on security engineering roles
- Must have hands-on security administration experience on Azure - Active Directory, Identity governance, portal, Infrastructure/SSO/MFA, Terraform IaC and Github
- Experience integrating and interpreting security telemetry from security products such as VPNs, Mobile Device Management (MDM), SIEM, and EDR in a cloud-native environment
- Experience implementing network and container security, service mesh and firewalls
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, GPEN, GCIH, CISM, CEH, or comparable information security assurance certifications
- Experience with financial industry security governance, including PCI DSS, SOC2, ISO 27K and state regulations
- A passion for security and technical knowledge of threats that affect cloud infrastructure and software
- Alignment with big picture business objectives, and an understanding of cost-benefit considerations
- A learner’s mindset, self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and you believe in meaningful documentation
- Ability to collaborate and prioritise tasks in a high-growth business environment, collaborating with stakeholders across multiple time zones
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $150,000- $220,000 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States
- IT & Cyber