Software Engineer, Core Product
- Proven experience working with C# .Net and some exposure to working in the front end, ideally with React.
- Own the work that is the backbone behind all of our core products, pitch your ideas on product improvements and see the impact on millions of customers.
- Hybrid working with two team connect days in office per week.
Write your story with Zip
Join Zip’s Technology function, responsible for building and maintaining seamless, secure and sustainable platforms that enable customers to shop with confidence and merchant partners to grow their brands.
As part of our Core Product Squad your work will be behind the products that are the backbone of Zip’s business.
As part of this team you’ll come up with innovative ideas to improve the functionality of our core products and work cross functionally with other key engineering squads to ensure that millions of our customers continue to enjoy seamless experiences whilst using Zip.
As a Software Engineer in this squad we want to hear your fresh ideas! You’ll get to work alongside some of our awesome Senior Engineers who will help you to build upon and develop these ideas and your tech skills. If you’re looking to learn and learn fast, this squad will be a great fit for you!
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2-4 years experience in C# .Net Core
- Experience working in the front end ideally with React
- Hands on experience working in a Microservices environment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to cloud (AWS is preferred)
- Problem solving attitude, willingness to try first and ask questions second!
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney and Melbourne)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started. #LI-hybrid
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.