Senior Software Engineer I
Senior Software Engineer I
- 5+ years of experience working as a front-end engineer in an agile environment using modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue (React and/or React Native is a big plus)
- Exposure to automated testing tools such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, Selenium
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip Engineering
Join Zip’s Engineering function and put your name to solving fascinating challenges at scale in an agile, test-driven development environment. If you value good domain-driven design and enjoy delivering quality work at pace, you’ll be a great fit with the squads responsible for building cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments.
The Customer Squad is a front-end engineering team within our Customer Engagement team, who are accountable for the customer-facing technology that enables millions of people to transact with Zip. Our Customer Squad is focused on Zip's US mobile app and Zips US customer web application.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Customer Squad, you will focus on our cross-platform mobile app within a rapidly scaling ecommerce platform built in React, React Native, NextJS, Typescript, C#, .NET Core and Azure, with an event-driven architecture with robust messaging frameworks.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Develop user interfaces that thousands of people use on a daily basis
- Work on an agile team of software engineers, product managers, product designers, and quality assurance engineers
- Partner with other software engineers, designers, QA engineers, and product managers to architect home screen personalization, deals automations, product search pilots and overall,
- level-up interaction design
- Participate in a blameless culture that focuses on process and technology
- Connecting ACH bank accounts as a payment option
- Expanding our Gamify feature to add delight to our users experience
What you’ll bring to the team
- Proficiency in building interfaces that match design specs and providing feedback on potential improvements
- Experience in styling with standard CSS and CSS pre-processors such as SCSS
- Experience tuning front-end applications to optimize performance across platforms; Android-specific experience is a plus
- A passion for all things web – if you have them, we'd appreciate you sharing your side projects
- Your brain adapts to new problems and you are a quick learner (you also enjoy investigating technical rabbit holes)
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $135,200-$186,576 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States