- Own company secretarial requirements for a modern, growth-oriented ASX-listed digital financial services company
- Support Zip’s Group Executive Team and Board to deliver on company strategy
- Partner with a world-class leadership group and ensure smooth running of the Board and organisation
Write your story with Zip
As Company Secretary you’ll you will work closely with Zip’s Board and Group Executive Team to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Board and Board Committees, and manage the company secretarial requirements of the Group.
You’ll partner at a senior level across the organisation, acting as the key liaison point between the Group Executive Team and the Board, be involved in Board strategy sessions and ad hoc workshops to support the future direction of the organisation, and act as company secretary for all subsidiaries.
You’ll also work closely with multiple functions including legal & compliance, finance, strategy, risk, and investor relations to successfully deliver on the company secretarial requirements, including preparation and lodgement of the Annual Report, compliance with all ASX reporting, and liaison with External Counsel on matters of corporate governance.
We’ll rely on your strong organisational skills, your thorough understanding of the operations of the Board of an ASX Listed Company, and your knowledge of associated reporting, governance, and compliance requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your company secretarial skills in a growing, global digital financial services business, alongside a world-class leadership group.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 8+ years experience as a Company Secretary in an ASX listed organisation, dealing directly with the Chair of the Board and ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the Company Secretarial function
- Tertiary qualifications/degree, preferably in law, or otherwise in business or finance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance (GIA)
- Strong knowledge of ASX Listing Rules, Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and Corporate Governance
- Experience with Diligent Boards software
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships across stakeholders and groups
- Enthusiasm, desire to be a team player and self-starter; commitment to excellence and attention to detail; strong organisational skills
- Uncompromising ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgement and the highest level of discretion
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, variable and deadline-driven environment
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks, work under pressure in order to meet the requirements of the function
- Strong knowledge of standard Google Workspace and / or Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, being proactive and self-motivated, as well as the ability to operate under direction
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and to know you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney & Melbourne)
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.