Compliance Operations Analyst
Compliance Operations Analyst
- Operations Analyst with a strong understanding of US banking laws and regulation analysis in areas of focus across the financial crimes, sanctions and consumer lending space
- A passionate critical thinker looking to build and collaborate
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees wi.th the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Our Legal & Compliance team’s goal is to support Zip's mission of creating a world where people can live fearlessly today by meeting a myriad of ever-changing requirements from a variety of regulatory authorities, banking partners and managing Zip's risks well within our risk appetite. The L&C team encompasses Financial Crimes & Compliance, Consumer Compliance, Legal, Privacy Testing & Monitoring and Risk Management specialties. We provide legal, regulatory & risk management guidance and support across all business areas at Zip by identifying risk and ensuring compliance with industry standards, relevant laws and regulations, industry best practices and corporate policies.
As the Compliance Operations Analyst, you will complete daily tasks to support the Consumer and Financial Crimes Compliance functions. You will execute compliance operational duties in accordance with the established procedures to provide ongoing support of compliance with applicable rules and regulations, while working with stakeholders such as Marketing, Customer Experience, Data, Sales, Risk and Product. This role will also handle the development of quality control and quality assurance programs and program oversight, as well as the development of policies and procedures, governance processes, reporting, and testing in the financial crime space.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Conduct thorough marketing reviews to confirm compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Conduct validation of integrated merchant websites to ensure adherence to agreed upon standards.
- Conduct both triggered and proactive data-driven analysis and investigations into customer and merchant accounts.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve bankruptcy, privacy, and SCRA requests.
- Assist in preparing deliverables and providing support for regulatory exams and/or internal audits.
- Support and provide quality oversight of global compliance operations teams in various compliance areas, including sanctions screening, PEP screening, customer onboarding, enhanced due diligence and transaction monitoring.
- Enhance existing processes in the consumer and financial crimes space, including tracking and reporting, while executing program oversight and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with and communicate complex regulatory requirements to internal partners and stakeholders, including merchant operations, account management, and customer experience teams.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 1+ years of compliance experience in a financial institution or consulting firm
- Ability to comprehend and analyze US banking laws and regulations in areas of focus across the consumer, financial crime, and sanctions space which include: AML, BSA, ECOA, EFTA, FCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, TILA, TISA and UDAAP.
- Strong understanding of consumer lending products such as personal loans, lines of credit, and credit cards. (Experience in payment processing, retail banking, or fintechs is helpful)
- Proven track record showing ability to maintain high attention to detail while managing multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of operational processes and technologies utilized in banking, including loan servicing and collection, and payment processing.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills and ability to interact effectively as a member of a cross-functional team.
Nice to haves
- Experience with monday.com
- Experience with SQL
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly. We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to
grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $75,000 - $103,500 based on the industry for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States
- Legal, Risk & Compliance