VP, People & Culture, Americas
VP, People & Culture, Americas
- HR leader with extensive expertise in implementing and optimizing comprehensive people strategies and employee relations, particularly during significant organizational growth phases.
- Dynamic people-first HR leader who exhibits strong leadership acumen, a collaborative mindset and proactive approach to fostering a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with travel to work in-person out of our Manhattan office as needed
Start your adventure with Zip
Our People & Culture team here at Zip is dedicated to cultivating a workplace where every employee is valued, supported, and inspired. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment that promotes collaboration, innovation, and personal growth. Our mission is to empower individuals to reach their full potential, aligning their passions with the company's goals. Through strategic initiatives, comprehensive development programs, and a focus on employee well-being, we aim to create a thriving workplace culture that drives Zip’s success and innovation.
As Zip’s VP, People and Culture, you will oversee employee relations for a remote organization of over 300 individuals, primarily located within the US. You’ll collaborate with the broader global people team to attract, retain and develop world-class people strategy. As the driving force behind innovative employee programs and initiatives, you'll craft innovative people programs, coach our leadership teams, and ensure a cohesive culture of excellence and engagement. Leverage your extensive HR expertise to drive impactful initiatives, foster collaboration across our global teams, and shape the future of our company's most valuable asset—our people.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Employee relations implementation across an organization of 300+ individuals who are mostly remote. Providing employment relations advisory across the region with a focus on the US
- Building our world-class people strategy for the US region with the broader people team to attract, retain, develop, and scale our global talent
- Leading, developing, and rolling out people programs designed in partnership with employees and leaders
- Coaching leaders on how to design, build, and develop high performing teams, including goal-setting, performance management, people development, and total rewards
- Working closely with your key stakeholders, Talent Acquisition leadership, and team to shape team org design, headcount planning, and optimal hiring decisions
- Identifying opportunities to improve ways of working with a focus on how to better leverage data and feedback to level up how we scale processes globally
- Owning people compliance, adherence, and governance across the region
- Serving as a trusted advisor and consultant for your key stakeholders
- Maintaining compensation standards across the organization, including equity options, broad banding, leveling, optimal spread and crossover (comp-ratio analysis)
What you’ll bring to the team
- 20+ years experience supporting leaders as a People Partner / HR Business Partner
- Ability to create strong presentations decks for stakeholders and board members
- Significant knowledge/expertise in employee Equity/Total Rewards
- Strong people leadership and track record leading people and teams
- Metrics-driven professional who possesses the ability to meet KPIs and make data-driven decisions
- Exceptional knowledge across the whole employee lifecycle from onboarding, performance management, leadership development, organization design and development, talent management, remuneration & benefits, and employment relations
- Proven experience leading and building a people team
- Ability to solve problems and communicate ideas in a structured and engaging way
- Ability to influence and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Track record of leveraging data and insights to continually improve programs of work
- Comfort working working as part of a high performing team where we constantly challenge the status quo and how things have been done before
- Experience working in a tech company, ideally having seen the 500 - 1,000 person growth phase
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $213,800 - $295,044 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States
- People & Culture