Chief Credit Officer
Chief Credit Officer
- Dedicated Chief Credit Officer with proven experience steering credit risk management functions in the rapidly expanding unsecured consumer lending sector
- Dynamic Credit Risk executive who possesses an inspirational leadership style and commitment to creating, fostering and managing existing/new credit products
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Zip is seeking a dynamic and strategic Chief Credit Officer to join our executive leadership team and oversee US+ Credit, Risk/Fraud, Analytics and our credit product suite. As the Chief Credit Officer, you will report to our US CEO/founder and drive organizational strategy, risk mitigation, planning and execution across credit and fraud departments, ensuring the business operates safely through this period of hyper growth, whilst also maximizing opportunities to acquire consumers and merchant partners. You will own credit policies across the customer lifecycle for existing products, lead the credit development and launch strategy for new products, design decision-making processes for strategy changes and execute on an agenda of continuous improvement, and educate the organization. The ideal candidate will apply an entrepreneurial mindset to managing risk and continue building out this high performing function through effective leadership
As a member of our Risk team here at Zip, you will build out capabilities in collaboration with our Product and Engineering partners that allow us to deliver a best-in-class product experience while simultaneously delivering a world-class risk decisioning platform. This team focuses on leveraging internal and external data, both traditional and alternative, to determine eligibility and exposure limits that will both increase growth and mitigate financial losses. Our Risk org collaborates with all parts of the organization on projects that directly affect the company's bottom line and impact Zip’s success.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Monitor, manage and report on the company's overall credit and fraud risk strategy and performance
- Spearhead the end-to-end management of unsecured credit products at Zip Co, encompassing strategic ownership, overseeing the product roll-out, and implementing effective pricing and revenue strategies to drive sustainable growth and profitability
- Lead the Credit Risk Function, including credit policy, approvals, and analytics; portfolio monitoring
- Oversee Fraud Analytics and oversight team/functions, including: collections, default, and loss mitigation teams/functions
- Monitor wider investment in risk management strategies
- Identify emerging risk issues and initiating mitigation strategies
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies and policies
- Maintain and present the Credit Risk Policy for Committee & Board review and approval
- Interpret, monitor and report on the credit risk appetite as necessary to support the Credit Risk Policy
- Approve exceptions to the Policy and maintain a written record of exceptions, including reasons for granting them, and report such exceptions to the Committee and to the Board
- Oversee the ongoing execution of the strategic direction of unsecured lending operations to produce loan growth, portfolio mix, product development and quality
- Oversee underwriting standards and policies, product and program development
- Engage with/guide internal stakeholders (data, product, engineering) and support the execution and implementation of risk management strategies through product changes and new technology roll-outs
- Work closely with legal and compliance functions to ensure all aspects of lending are compliant with federal and state regulations (e.g. Fair Lending, Truth in Lending)
- Ensure close partnership with the marketing team to incorporate credit risk management within customer acquisition strategies
- Engage regularly with existing and prospective lenders regarding credit facilities
What you’ll bring to the team
- 18+ years experience leading and managing a risk function within a fast growth digital/technology business
- Significant experience in unsecured consumer lending
- Proven ability leveraging data science, data analytics, machine learning models in production, and alternative data to identify non-traditional underwriting strategies for unsecured lending that enhance performance
- The ability to think strategically and influence vision and positioning for the business
- Initiative, persistence, an entrepreneurial spirit and energy with the desire to be part of a fast-growth start-up environment
- Ability to collaborate with, influence & persuade others; with an inspirational leadership style
- Openness to explore beyond traditional consumer credit and fraud underwriting techniques
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $288,00 - $375,000 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States
- Legal, Risk & Compliance