Marketing Research Analyst
Marketing Research Analyst
- Marketing Research professional with demonstrated experience analyzing quantitative data/ qualitative research
- A natural listener and investigator, skilled at uncovering what motivates subjects/consumers and uses that knowledge to inform strategic decisions
- Hybrid opportunity for US-based employees, offering the opportunity to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Our Marketing org is constantly challenging the status quo by building and scaling new behaviors in payments. Our team is at the heart of how our customers experience our brand and our service. We are surgically focused on building both the commercial and cultural capital for Zip, all in the service of our customers. Our marketing team members across our various disciplines (brand, market research, creative, partner marketing’s growth, affiliates, and CRM) are creative problem solvers with a strong bias towards action. From behavioral science, informed marketing automation, and product education to high-octane brand campaigns, our team does it all.
We are currently in a hyper-growth phase and looking for a newly created Marketing Research Analyst role to support the US team through the next growth phase. As a Marketing Research Analyst in our Shopping & Experience team, you will be instrumental in supporting a range of marketing research initiatives under the guidance of the Director, Global Marketing Research. This involves working on projects like product discovery, merchant acquisition insights, NPS and CSAT studies, and customer journey surveys. You will support the process of answering critical business questions from our Marketing, Sales, Product, and Strategy Teams. Utilizing data, you will assist in developing methods and tools to capture and analyze the voices of our customers and merchant partners, integrating these insights into Zip's strategic marketing and planning processes. Your focus will include understanding our existing customer base as well as potential customers.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Support critical business questions from Marketing, Sales, Product, and Strategy teams using data-driven insights
- Support the development and delivery of quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Participate in research projects including product discovery for customers and merchants, and acquiring insights for winning large merchants
- Contribute to NPS and CSAT studies to gauge customer satisfaction
- Help develop questionnaires and discussion guides, and conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses using tools like Excel or Q
- Act as a vital link between Shopping & Experience and other business units, synthesizing and communicating research findings effectively
- Identify customer needs, triggers, and barriers influencing user behavior, and act as an advocate for the customer and merchant voice
- Collaborate with external research agencies and partners, as required
- Prepare research findings for stakeholders, blending internal analytics to create comprehensive audience insights
- Ensure fieldwork is conducted accurately, within timelines and budgets
What you'll bring to the team
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing research or a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Psychology, Communications, or a related field
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced, tech environment
- Ideal candidate possesses a Marketing or Product background seeking to develop skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience using tools like Excel or Q to analyze quantitative data/qualitative research
- A solid understanding of primary research methods, including surveys, consumer research studies, interviews, market research, and focus groups
- Good analytical abilities to interpret complex data for business use
- Proficient in balancing multiple projects
- Knowledge of both primary and secondary research methodologies
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Basic project management skills, including managing timelines and budgets
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Within the first 6 months you will
- Assist with ongoing research projects, focusing on learning tools like Excel or Q and understanding customer profiles
- Take on more responsibility in research projects, including developing questionnaires and contributing to customer behavior analysis, and collaborating with external research agencies and partners
- Handle multiple aspects of research projects independently, including preparing a comprehensive report of research findings for a project
- Complete and present a major research project, showcasing the ability to manage multiple projects and align research with Zip’s strategic goals
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $75,000 - $100,000 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
If hired, employees will be in an 'at-will position' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We’re proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Game - guide us in everything we do.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms
We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States