Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for seeking out new merchants and showcasing how Zip can help meet their payment needs. You will also lead a team of Account Executives, Sales Development Representatives and Sales Enablement professionals.
You will have experience prospecting, running discovery calls/demos, negotiating, and a track record of closing new business. You should also understand BNPL use cases and how to sell across multiple departments and industries.
To be successful in this role, you will understand how to go after new business, build relationships with potential customers, and coach your sales team to be successful.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a competitive environment, enjoy taking on new challenges, and are excited to drive new business in the fast-growing Buy Now, Pay Later space!
What your day will look like:
- Own your sales pipeline from prospect to close. Develop lead lists, build and grow your own book, and close new merchants for Zip with $500M+ in annual sales.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan, across multiple verticals. Including developing a process and repeatable method for uncovering new opportunities and building out a new territory.
- Deeply understand your merchant prospects to gain insight into their business challenges and develop solutions where Zip can add value
- You will own the sales process, often collaborating with internal functions (Marketing, Product, Finance, Merchant Success) to move deals forward and ensure merchant wins and success
- Lead and coach a small team of sales professionals. Approximately half of your time will be spent developing your own book of business, the other half training and coaching the team in prospecting, pitching (presentations and scripts), objection handling, closing deals.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 10 or more years experience in payments or technology sales at large enterprise level with clear examples of closing deals using a proven sales process
- Be able to wear two hats - train and coaching a team, while working on your own book of business
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, with the confidence to build relationships and sell to senior leaders and C-suite
- Thrives in a high-growth and fast-paced environment, ruthlessly prioritizes activities that drive revenue
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and taking the lead to get merchants moving through the sales process. Ability to exercise judgment and objection handle without direct supervision.
- Able to speak to previous experience developing relationships with C-level executives and senior decision makers in the retail industry and other key verticals that has resulted in revenue
- Resourceful and creative, able to see all the angles in a sales pitch and develop creative solutions/approaches
- Can quickly learn new products and/or new verticals
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency
Pay Range: 160,000 - 221,000 USD
The Pay Range for this position: Minimum - Maximum based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
- New York, NY
- Sales & Partner Success