Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the team
The Payments team is focused on consumer payments, payment plans, and debt collections; this highly intelligent team works on building fast, scalable software handling high transaction volumes. The bottom-line? We help keep the money flowing.
Our stack is C#, React, Vue, Microsoft Azure Services; we are focused on containerized microservices (Docker, Kubernetes), CQRS, and event sourcing.
We are continuously looking into new technologies to impact how we scale, reduce latency, improve reliability, and increase security.
Current Hot Initiatives
- Architecting and developing ACH (electronic payments and transfers) repayment capability
- Architecting and developing an in-house, cross-team solution for merchant invoicing (really large merchants)
- Providing critical engineering support in developing algorithm solutions to continually reduce loss rates and manage multiple compliance requests.
About the role
- Work on a modern cloud-based, event-driven microservices architecture
- Build secure code that can scale to reach thousands of concurrent users
- Iterate on problems quickly in a collaborative environment
- Participate in a blameless culture that focuses on process and technology
What you'll bring
- 6-10+ years of agile software engineering experience
- Hands-on professional engineering (architecture and development) experience with the C# .NET framework in a CI/CD environment (ultimately, any OOP lan will work for us)
- Code quality is important to you, as is being a unit testing fanatic
- Experience with DDD and TDD
- Experience with relational database design and development
- Proactive with a focus on getting things done, strong attention to detail, and ability to produce high-quality work within set deadlines
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.