Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
Reporting to the Enterprise Business Risk Officer, you will provide oversight of Zip’s global Issue Management process, the implementation and ongoing support of issues governance across all of Zip’s legal entities.
You will help in the management of and provide oversight for issues managed by the various Zip business units. You will be responsible for monthly reporting of issues, periodic follow up of issues, update of issues in the system of record, providing commentary on issue status and supporting various teams and management through the Issue Management process. This includes the day-to-day management of an overall Issue Management strategy to effectively meet Zip’s global standards and company-wide goals, objectives, and mandates.
This role is ideal for a deft communicator looking to take ownership of a key function and have a meaningful impact on the business through your contribution.
What does your day look like?
- Develop and obtain an in-depth understanding of the issue management policy and procedures and ensure compliance with enterprise issue management requirements.
- Manage and monitor the issues portfolio for Zip inclusive of regulatory, operational, and economic matters
- Establish and sustain strong project management disciplines and routines with clear accountability for all deliverables required to complete requisite corrective actions through to issue remediation and closure.
- Collaborate with business leaders to find solutions to control issues and achieve common goals by facilitating decisions. Escalate any critical decisions, roadblocks, or delivery issues to management.
- Define, develop and produce monthly reports that provide a consolidated and detailed view of the tracking and progress for remediation work surrounding issues.
- Establish a formal communication process with stakeholders and business leaders to ensure timely escalation where required.
- Work closely with partners in the business to obtain and document monthly status updates on issues.
- Develop a consistent process and reporting to share lessons learned with other regions.
- Provide process support to ensure all required steps are performed and met to close issues.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 4 or more years of Compliance and/or Risk management (Operational Risk, Compliance, or Audit) related experience within the financial/fintech industry.
- Strong preference for experience in financial services/consumer banking, fintech (BNPL a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all organizational tiers and build positive working relationships.
- A strategic mindset paired with a strong bias to action
- Analytical, strategic, and tactical skills with demonstrated experience to work collaboratively with cross-functional/cross-divisional teams to solve cross-functional/cross-divisional problems.
- Advanced technical skills with Excel and SQL
- Professional designation (CRCM, CAMS, CIA, or other compliance or audit certifications) is a plus.
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.