Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Software Engineer in the Customer Core team, you will collaborate with the wider team to deliver the Engineering and Product roadmap, by creating products that focus on authentication and identification for our customers when using their Zip Pay and Zip Money accounts.
You will be working on a modern, best-in-class tech stack which is at the core of the experience millions of customers have when using Zip’s platforms.
You will be responsible for writing clean code consistently following best practices along with unit test cases and developing secure APIs, you'll own small features from technical design to completion and focus on attaining expertise in one area of the codebase, while identifying problems with requirement gathering.
You will develop, support and collaborate with Engineers, Engineering Manager and Product Manager in a triad to discover, validate and problem solve interesting and often complex technical challenges.
This is the type of environment where, if you see a problem, you fix it - you’ll get ownership of the systems you build and be accountable for the quality of your work. And you'll be supported, you’ll have a friendly team on hand who are happy to share knowledge in order to get the best outcomes for the customer.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Experience with the latest versions of .NET
- Experience working in a Cloud environment, ideally AWS
- Knowledge of microservices and event-based architectures
- Knowledge of SQL and DynamoDB
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Authentication and Identification (OAuth 2.0)
- Experience with front end technologies such as React or Angular
This role can be remote anywhere within Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.