Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will leverage your creative and critical thinking skills to develop best-in-class models that have a meaningful impact on the Zip team. These models will support our credit and fraud risk, customer experience, marketing and beyond.
Having you aboard will enable us to have more models released to production, quicker iteration, and broader coverage of addressing business problems through scientific methods. Core KPIs for this position correspond to extra revenue generated/costs saved from releases. The role is also meant to support compliance, documentation, and knowledge sharing in regards to model governance & review.
What you'll do
- Develop, validate and deploy ML models, optimization solutions, inference techniques to solve complex problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders
- Extract and explore data, validate data integrity, perform ad hoc analysis, evaluate new data sources to improve models
- Maintain robust documentation of approach and techniques used; including objectives, assumptions, performance, weaknesses, and limitations
- Be ready to adapt to new tools/libraries/technologies/platforms
- Actively partner with engineers to validate & deploy scalable solutions
- Collaborate to gather insight from partners across the organization
- Further develop expertise in data science and engineering through self-study, project exposure and guidance of senior team members
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, data science, engineering, economics, mathematics, etc.). Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Data Science experience. Experience in fraud & risk is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Machine Learning Modeling.
- Experience building and implementing models in production is preferred.
- Proficient with Python
- Proficient with SQL
- Practical experience using Spark is a plus
- Understanding Deep Learning methods is a plus
- Technical understanding of algorithm complexity, probability & statistics
- Self-driven with an aptitude for independent research & problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Experience with Git
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.