Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Public Relations is responsible for ensuring that Zip’s external and executive communications effectively and consistently promote and preserve our reputation with stakeholders across ANZ.
You will support Zip’s growth by developing an overarching communication strategy that ensures customers, merchants, partners, and media across all our markets gain a consistent understanding of our business, products and corporate position, while also supporting local market teams to tell Zip’s story in a way that best suits their unique stages of growth.
Your role will include narrative development, market media strategy, executive communications, product PR, influencer relations, thought-leadership and brand-building programs.
We are looking for a masterful comms professional, the ideal candidate has tech experience, understands the complexities of global and challenger brands and thrives in a fast-paced & data-driven environment, working with a large number of stakeholders across multiple markets.
In this role you will
- Lead the communications function in ANZ while owning/supporting our annual strategy & execution to build the Zip brand and drive brand awareness & trust among global customers, partners, merchants and media
- Drive/direct/support our ANZ agenda with ANZ being a core market
- Master the global corporate and consumer communications strategy, and local alignment of such strategy
- Own/support global media relations, speaking engagements, influencer programs and thought leadership content
- Partner with our executive leadership team to identify thought leadership platforms and opportunities to promote Zip’s leadership and corporate activities
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations as it relates to ANZ market
- Craft compelling content that engages external and internal audiences
- Mitigate crisis and issues across the business to deliver successful reputational outcomes
- Collaborate with local PR/management teams & agencies to ensure alignment including training and preparing key spokespeople, developing talking points, case studies, and presentations
- Build measurement into communication programs, track insights and continuously improve efficiency and impact of investments
- Partner with Zip’s social teams and executive leadership to ensure executive and company LinkedIn channels effectively communicate company news
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- At least 10 years experience, and comfort in owning end-to-end global external communications for a technology and/or high-growth business
- Proven ability to build multi-channel communications programs for brand, reputation and product launches that deliver high-impact business results and enstill a sense of pride for our Zipsters
- Deep understanding of media landscape and established media relationships
- An adept verbal & visual storyteller. You connect the dots between business goals, metrics and financial results
- You are both a leader and a practitioner - you are comfortably hands-on but know when to step back and play an advisory role
- The ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage, and building organic channel narratives
- A natural diplomat with ethics and presence
- You are organized yet flexible, resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- You can create and manage a budget and know how to do a little with a lot
- Comfortable directing and overseeing the work of agencies and team members across multiple markets
- The flexibility to work across multiple time zones and juggle competing priorities
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.