Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
Join a global DevOps team practicing GitOps to build highly scalable and resilient infrastructure for 13 countries and over 10 million customers!
What you'll do
- Develop fault-tolerant, highly available, and self-healing platforms hosted with Kubernetes on Azure AKS
- Work with our platform engineers to write code that scales, maintains, and monitors our infrastructure
- Automate everything and instrument everything! We believe in infrastructure as code and using data and evidence to guide our decisions
- Create zero-downtime CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Build tools to analyze application performance and debug production issues
- Participate in a blameless culture that focuses on process and technology
What you'll bring
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience using Kubernetes or other container orchestrators
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code (IaC) tools
- Experience scaling microservice architectures within Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with a Service Mesh such as Istio, Linkerd, Kong, etc.
- Experience with service monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Application Insights, etc
- An obsession overusing data and paying attention to small details to solve problems
- Experience with chaos engineering, incident response plans, monitoring, and alerting
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.