Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for managing our ongoing relationships with our top Partners in ANZ. Your focus will be to increase growth associated with existing partner relationships as well as developing new relationships across a variety of different partners that are new verticals to Zip.
You will be the principal point of contact, and work closely with internal teams such as product, growth and marketing to hit objectives of the role which will be defined by internal and external stakeholders with joint sales plans and quarter planning initiatives.
- Build the go-to-market strategy for your relevant portfolio, developing sales strategies to increase portfolio performance in TTV and revenue
- Build and grow key relationships across your portfolio, ensuring overall quality of maintaining these relationships across multiple levels
- Responsible for strategic account planning including monthly updates, quarterly business reviews and annual account planning
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all parties are on track with planned projects, deadlines, and schedules
- Collaborate cross functionally across business units including Sales Support teams, Marketing, Product, Growth to advocate for and drive change to continue improving Partner and Customer experiences
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to develop the best possible product suite available for our customer base.
- Consultative approach to identifying the needs of our customers and translate that to outcomes to increase performance in our partners.
- Ensure there are no barriers to our customers’ success; effectively manage issues with the support of the entire Zip team
- Oversee daily operations with the product lead to proactively identify opportunities and/or service operations risks
- Oversee the integrity of projects and product issues, ensuring accurate and timely completion alongside our product team. This includes reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating systems and user needs, documenting procedures, and defining scope and objectives
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate findings
- Assist in the implementation of new programs, promotions and/or products
- Financial reporting against KPIs and scorecard to monitor and optimize account performance
- Responsible for communicating the direction of key accounts to the Associate Director and other key senior stakeholders such as but not limited to Commercial Director, CPO, CMO, CEO.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in account development and building relationships
- Experience in working in FMCG or in retail is desired
- Ability to analyze business problems and utilize iterative business analysis techniques to develop functional documentation
- Strong analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Capable of troubleshooting problems and identifying solutions
- Ability to manage change in client relationships; manage difficult situations
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-starter able to work well independently
- Experience working with SalesForce will be preferable
- Effective verbal and written communications at all levels is critical
- Experience providing and verifying deadlines and deliverables
- Experience in navigating across cross-functional teams
- At least 10% travel for client visits and company meetings
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.