Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Role
As a Legal Counsel in our ANZ Legal & Compliance team, you will own the core regulatory obligations across all business lines (including Zip Pay, Zip Money and Zip Business Capital products and services)
- Advise the Product, Marketing, Operations and Financial Crime Compliance teams on core regulatory obligations;
- Povide concise and strategically focussed regulatory advice for the life cycle of Zip products (including for product launches and updates required due to strategic or regulatory changes)
- Assist on all regulatory areas that Zip’s business touches on including, but not limited to, consumer and business credit (NCCPA and ASIC Act), financial services and licencing requirements (including ACL and AFSL), privacy (Privacy Act and Spam Act), AML/CTF, and other payment regulations and industry codes of conduct.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 3 - 5 years’ PQE and admission to practice in Australian jurisdiction
- Ability to get across legal issues and new regulatory landscapes quickly
- Experience in credit, payments, and/ or financial services (experience in fintech is strongly desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and work in a demanding culture and fast-paced industry
- Sound commercial acumen
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to raise potential risks and concerns regarding the decisions of others appropriately, in a way that generates alignment to enable successful launch of products/features/solutions
- Can do attitude and eagerness to learn
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.