Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join our Fraud Analytics team within the Data & Risk function at Zip. We are looking to step up our game in the fraud prevention and detection space by utilising machine learning to level up our maturity in this space.
This position will give you scope to own the end to end implementation and validation of machine learning models across the fraud space; driving model development, monitoring, recalibration and experimentation to ensure continued modelling innovation.
Alongside this you will be assisting us on our journey of implementing a new fraud platform with ML / AI capabilities. This is a greenfield role and an awesome opportunity to help our Fraud function change the game!
At Zip we fundamentally believe that we are #strongertogether therefore we are looking for someone who is able to build key relationships across our fraud investigations, operations and Data Science teams, enabling you to change the game within this role.
If you are a Data Scientist with experience across the risk space with an analytical mindset, and you thrive on thinking outside of the box to solve real world problems, then we want to hear from you!
to help us level up you'll bring:
- Proven experience building risk models using machine learning techniques (Fraud risk, Credit Risk or Market Risk)
- Hands-on experience in modelling and the application of statistical, machine learning or deep learning techniques (e.g. GLMs, XGBOOST, k-means clustering, neural networks, random forests, anomaly detection)
- Solid experience using SQL, Python, Spark, R or SAS (we use Python and Databricks)
- Tableau dashboarding capabilities is preferred (whilst this won’t be a core function of your role, having these skills will enable you to work closely with the wider team more effectively)
- Ability to build strong relationships, working cross functionally with other areas of our Data & Risk function
- Experience mentoring and coaching other team members across ML practices from a risk perspective is desirable
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.