Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
The purpose of the Junior / Business Analyst role is to work closely with our Global CEO + Co-Founder to provide research abilities, business reporting and analytical analysis recommendations across Zip’s broad suite of business objectives and strategic opportunities.
Reporting to the Global CEO, located in the New York City office (US HQ), you will be accountable for researching and compiling insights and analysis from a variety of financial and other inputs, supporting our commercial sales pitch process, including collaboration with a variety of cross-functional teams to build out insights, decks and collateral while helping us codify our approach to winning.
In this role you will:
- Support a variety of strategic projects and corporate development opportunities including sales pitches, presentations and executive summaries
- Share core understanding of opportunities across potential merchant partners and multiple industries
- Evaluating business / financial reports and provide feedback and insights to shape strategic business decisions
- Lean in to understanding the business metrics - ensuring data sound, always questioning any gaps in ask
- Supporting the creation of commercial / investor / + pitch decks
- Perform detailed analysis on competitors, Zip’s operating environment and new opportunities
- Initiate tracking and planning , with data-backed hypotheses and understanding of operational implications
- Compile and analyse a variety of structured and unstructured data sets and provide impactful insights and recommendations
- Partner across Zip’s business units, using analysis and insights to drive decisions
- Develop and refine project management strategies to support an environment of continuous improvement whilst working at pace
- Support in the creation and analysis of business initiatives and creating impactful presentations that succinctly explain the business case
- To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 2-4 years of relevant business analysis, marketing or consulting experience solving complex problems in a structured way
- Ability to engage and work effectively with cross-functional and Executive stakeholders in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment
- Highly analytical, with a proven ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of data and information, then develop insights and recommendations as well as amazing pitch decks
- Strong proficiency in G-Suite tools. You can develop a clear compelling story leveraging data, market research and independent analysis including modelling and the creation of amazing decks
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to get things done independently and collaborating with a team
- Excellent time management and ability to deliver on multiple projects at the same time
- A Finance, Economics, Commerce or Marketing undergraduate degree is desirable
- Passion for payments and technology
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.