Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a VP in our Merchant Success (account management) team, you will oversee some of the largest and most strategic merchants. You will leverage your strong relationship management skills, consultative selling approach, and strategic thinking to implement the right tactics to drive our mutual business forward. You’ll also:
- Drive profitable TTV and revenue growth by leveraging insights that will allow you to implement Zip solutions to ultimately grow and increase Zip's share of wallet.
- Negotiation Analysis: You will lead contract renewal discussions and develop deal constructs that will ensure the long-term success of Zip.
- Portfolio Strategy: You are the General Manager of your portfolio; the expert and go-to colleague that has developed a strategy to drive business impact.
- Relationship Management: Merchant satisfaction is at the core and you’ll cultivate and leverage relationships across both the merchant and Zip to drive retention.
- You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in driving strategic growth for a startup in hypergrowth.
- Support learning and career development.
- Guide customer retention and expansion strategy, account segmentation, organizational structure, and customer strategy broadly
- Heavy emphasis on recruiting - ability to build trust, goodwill and credibility with potential hires at all levels is a must-have
- Coach members of the team, particularly on relationship management best practices and product education
- Consolidate and react to market feedback to drive innovation within the company
- Work with teams to compile, track, and share customer feedback, including escalation and/or intervention where needed
- Develop/implement a framework for customer health and identifying and prioritizing highest value customers.
- Develop/implement strategies for increasing customer LTV
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Your energy. Energetic, enthusiastic, team player.
- 10+ years in a merchant facing role (merchant services, account management, business development).
- Must demonstrate an executive presence and the ability to lead senior-level discussions with Fortune 500 merchants to influence decision-making and drive results.
- Demonstrate a great sense of curiosity to generate ideas, break through barriers, problem-solve, and identify new opportunities for business growth.
- Experience working in an e-commerce, financial services, payments and/or retail vertical is preferred.
- Have a positive, self-driven team mentality and a strong desire to learn.
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills; ability to manage effectively upstream.
- Experience leading a team is a MUST.
- Comfortable with ~15% travel (once safe to do so).
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
What does success look like?
Within the first 3 months you will have:
- Become familiar with all Enterprise, T1 merchants and able to hold meaningful conversations
- Developed glide path for ramping and identify any needed roles to ensure we are optimized.
- Developed rapport with cross-functional teams to know where to go for any issues and merchant problems
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.