Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
What You'll Do:
Working closely with our US and Global extended leadership team and people leaders across the business, you will continue to nurture, mature and build the US People function whilst helping them solve crunchy people problems. You’ll be a champion of our values and enjoy developing, launching and embedding programs to support all Zipsters to deliver on their ambitious goals.
This isn't a "gate keeper", "rule maker" or paper pushing type of role. You'll be front & center, driving the business forward through the lens of human capital.
- Building our world-class people strategy for the US region with the broader people team to attract, retain, develop and scale our global talent
- Leading, developing and rolling out people programs designed in partnership with employees and leaders
- Coaching leaders on how to design, build and develop high performing teams, including goal-setting, performance management, people development, and total rewards
- Working closely with your key stakeholders, Talent Acquisition leadership and team to shape team org design, headcount planning and optimal hiring decisions
- Identifying opportunities to improve ways of work with a focus on how to better leverage data and feedback to level up how we scale processes globally
- Providing employment relations advisory across the region with a focus on the US,
- Owning people compliance, adherence and governance across the region
- Being a trusted advisor and consultant for your key stakeholders
- 12+ years experience supporting leaders as a people partner / HR Business Partner .
- Strong people leadership and track record leading people and teams
- Strong experience across the whole employee lifecycle from onboarding, performance management, leadership development, organization design and development, talent management, remuneration & benefits, and employment relations
- Proven experience leading and building a people team
- Ability to solve problems and communicate ideas in a structured and engaging way
- Ability to influence and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Track record of leveraging data and insights to continually improve programs of work
- Comfort working working as part of a high performing team where we constantly challenge the status quo and how things have been done before
- Experience working in a tech company, ideally having seen the 500 - 1,000 person growth phase
- Delivery against people team goals/OKRs
- US and people team employee engagement outcomes
- US people program / project adoption
- Qualitative 360 feedback from key stakeholders and people leaders
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.