Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, we have offices in Sydney and Melbourne but can hire from anywhere in Australia.
Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As part of the NZ Zip team, you’ll be working closely with a fast paced and lean team, and will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation, to tweaking pixels.
As the sole designer in the NZ business, you will lead the NZ UI design system, have the freedom to make decisions and be be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and own design across key parts of our customer journey.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to be across the core Pay in 4 mobile product, including exploring opportunities across the business as well as ensuring a consistent ‘look and feel’ aligned to Zip consumer offerings, and be involved with designing new product offerings.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 4+ years working in product design
- Experience designing on native mobile
- Ability to deliver clean and simple UI designs, and lead the NZ UI design system
- Experience working closely with software engineers
- Have a portfolio of interaction, UX and UI work that demonstrates your ability to solve customer problems and drive strong business outcomes
- A curiosity for uncovering the true “why” of a problem
- The ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- A proven track record for close team collaboration and influencing outcomes with a well- informed direction
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We also want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.