Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
With the merchant and consumer growth ambitions at Zip, there is a need to optimally use our strategic partnerships.
To help us in this journey, we are looking for an experienced Leader, who will help us build a strong partnership pipeline in ANZ.
As the Director, Strategic Partnerships – ANZ, you will have a deep understanding of the payment partnerships landscape and be a strong sales and relationship leader.
In this role you will work closely with the internal and external executives, product, sales and finance teams.
In this role you will:
- Develop Deep Understanding of Market & Payment Landscape to create new Opportunities
- Pull together a consolidated view of trends across markets.
- Develop recommendations on new trends/opportunities.
- Complete deep dives on new opportunities across key verticalsEducate executives, and sales team on the landscape, and partnership opportunities
- Negotiate commercial deals with strategic partners
- Manage Relationships with Strategic Partners to grow market share
- Develop growth strategy and approach to eCommerce platforms, PSP’s, Orchestration layers, payment networks (e.g. Visa, MA), and prepaid networks (e.g. Gift Cards providers)
- Consistently achieve new merchant growth and transaction volume objectives through the partners you source
- Lead regular education, relationship building and knowledge share between partner teams, and Zip teams
- Optimise commercial outcomes for Zip across ANZ
- Work hand in hand with Payments, Merchant, and Sales teams across regions
- Work with Regional Product and Marketing Leads on Innovation
- Understand future developments and what Zip can leverage ahead of competitors
- Become thought leader in partners, and merchant experience for Zip Collaborate with partners to understand their plans and to develop innovative products and high-impact co-marketing initiatives that will help the partner and Zip succeed
- Engage with regional product and marketing teams to drive partner and merchant needs
- Manage internal relationships and expectations
- Regularly align with the regional counterparts to understand intra-region trends, best practices, to get the best results for ANZ and Zip
- Regularly share updates on all partnerships, opportunities, and risks with key ANZ stakeholders
- Ensure strong processes are built for the success of all partnerships, and merchants we bring on track and analyze partner performance (merchant growth and transaction volume) on Zip and make recommendations for strategic courses of action and improvements
- The Team: Director of Strategic Partnerships will be part of the Global Payments Strategy and Partnerships team that drives Payment Strategy
- Develop strategy and approach to optimize (process and economics) payment processing, both issuing and acquiring.
- Work with our payment partners, i.e., schemes, payment processors, wallet providers, etc
- Partnership enablement
- Assess and negotiate global deals with different channels, i.e., PSP’s, eCommerce platforms, Integration layers, etc., to drive revenue via new SMB and Enterprise merchant acquisition
- Partnership Management
- Drive and track merchant KPI’s with our distribution/strategic partners
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 10-15 years as a sales or relationship leader in a payments related company, eg. Visa/MC, Paypal, Bank, Acquirer/Issuer
- Experience in ecommerce, retail, payments or technology related businesses
- Strategic thinker and influencer to get others to follow
- Sound financial & commercial acumen, with experience in complex modelling
- Ability to process, analyze and think “outside the box” to get results
- Ability to collaborate with, influence & persuade others with structured thinking
- Results-orientated with a record to prove it and strong customer-first ethic
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels within an organization.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.