Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As Zip continues to grow globally, we’re hiring a Senior Strategy Manager to support our Australian and New Zealand business - someone who will be at the centre of the conversations and decisions that shape our strategy and planning.
Working closely with our ANZ Managing Director, our Chief of Staff, and executive team, you’ll facilitate conversation and lead debate at the top table, enabling us to formulate ideas, then help to narrow focus on the right strategy and approach.
We need you to be confident in helping executive leadership teams to explore ideas, comfortable owning and presenting your recommendations to c-suite, and an expert in supporting teams to execute on the highest priorities.
You will require expert critical thinking and problem solving skills, the desire to dive into data to support and drive the narrative, a well-developed strategy toolkit with the ability to know when and how to apply it, and a passion for fintech. This is an opportunity to help write the next chapter of Zip!
To help us level up, you’ll need to bring:
- 5-9 years career experience as a strategy professional, gained in global or boutique strategy consulting firms, or in-house strategy teams
- In-house strategy experience is a plus, but not a must - extra points for startup, scaleup or challenger-brand experiences
- Global or international experience is also a plus - extra points for time spent consulting in the USA, UK or Europe
- Interest in the fintech, ecommerce, banking or payments industries
- Confidence and ability to engage with, support and advise c-suite stakeholders and groups
- Expertise in developing a clear compelling story - leveraging data, market research and independent analysis
- Ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of data and information, then develop insights and recommendations
- Expert presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency using Excel to model the financial and non-financial implications of business decisions
- Excellent time management and ability to deliver on multiple projects at the same time
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.