Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Zip, and we're looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Test Engineering Team and work with existing members of the team to build a foundation for Functional, Performance, and Automation Testing of our iOS, Android and web-based products for our Customer sQuad.
This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love through the intersection where mobile development, content, and hardware meet. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward, becoming the first choice payment for any consumer, everywhere, and anywhere.
If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, wants to own the development of the software application, and play a significant role in evolving the hardware along with other partners, then this is the right role for you.
What you'll do
- Lead our efforts to implement and optimize test strategy, test planning, test execution for Front End solutions
- Create and maintain test cases
- Own the task of regression, smoke, and sanity suites to run in test and production environments
- Analyze the test estimations, test scope, and test results and share them with stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure proper test coverage is provided for features and fixes before releasing them to end-users
- Be involved in all the stages of SDLC - starting from sprint planning to release sign off and post-production tasks such as continuous support and maintenance
- Serve as a strong mentor for your teammates and help promote a learning culture for the team
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Automation or Test Automation Engineer in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to analyze and synthesize requirements to create and prioritize test cases and test plan
- Ability to write API test scripts from scratch
- 5+ years of hands-on automated testing experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with testing web applications as well as mobile applications across all platforms (Android + iOS)
- Solid experience with Rest API / Graph QL testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience in Appium preferred, experience with Selenium and Postman may also be considered
- Comfortable with multi-location engineering teams (PDT/CDT/EDT) and cross-functional team environment (covering North American markets)
- Strong problem identification and solving skills
- Collaborative and can multi-task on a number of priorities and deliver results in a dynamic start-up environment
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.