Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Manager in Zip’s ANZ Compliance team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance you will contribute to the implementation, embedment, ongoing operationalisation, and monitoring of Zip’s enterprise risk and control management frameworks.
In terms of risk, you will work across all business units and staff groups to identify, assess and manage risks, supporting the ongoing development of systems, strategies and processes for identifying and streamlining oversight of risks across the business. From a compliance perspective, you will assist in managing Zip’s compliance obligations and broader regulatory obligations including improving Zip’s compliance frameworks, incident & issue management, breach reporting, design & distribution processes, marketing compliance, complaints management and ongoing review and update to policies and procedures.
Where required, you will contribute to executive and board reporting requirements. This role would be perfect for an experienced self-starter, with knowledge and experience across the risk and compliance industry who is looking to have a meaningful impact on the business.
In this role you will:
- Build and strengthen relationships with business stakeholders to aid in identifying risks and control improvements
- Provide expert risk and compliance advice to the business (including product development, business changes and breaches)
- Provide guidance to the business on appropriate remediation and prevention of business incidents
- Conduct monitoring & testing activities over key processes & controls within the business
- Identify and collect data to form risk insights including key risk indicators, controls and causal factors
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- At least 3 years as a Risk Analyst/Manager with strong experience in Risk and/or Compliance frameworks
- A positive mindset paired with a strong bias to action
- A drive towards leveraging data and technology to provide risk insights
- You’ll bring experience in financial services/consumer banking, fintech/BNPL (desirable)
- An inquiring mind and be fearless with challenging assumptions and the status quo
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to build interpersonal relationships with, and influence, key stakeholders across the business
- A can-do attitude and bring commercial solutions to the table - You own it and do it
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.