Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role sits in the Australian reporting team and will work closely with accounts payable and payroll functions to provide reporting, analysis and business partnering and insights to support management and the wider business.
This role will suit someone who is looking for exposure to a dynamic industry, who is keen to make an impact, and passionate about process improvement. Zip has a casual yet professional environment with a strong culture and an “Own it Do it” approach.
In this role, you will be AU focused and responsible for the delivery of the month end close and associated schedules, delivering monthly cost centre reports, actuals vs budget analysis, assisting with audit requirements, and partnering with the business on new initiatives in a finance capacity. You will also work closely with the Finance Manager and the rest of the finance team in identifying and implementing process improvements and managing the overall Financial Control environment.
What you'll own and support:
- Production of the month-end Management accounts & Executive reports, including month end journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.
- Monthly cost centre analysis & reporting
- Intercompany journals & reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in maintaining Cashflow forecast including all cash movements between the company and trusts.
- PTRS, modern slavery and ABS reporting
- Assist in the production of BAS, FBT, PRT, and Workers Compensation returns
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist with audit queries & requests
- Support the business with new initiatives, & provide technical accounting advice to key stakeholders
- Assist in producing technical accounting memos & papers
- Investigate and document internal processes & contribute to maintaining internal controls
- Contribute to the evolution & continuous improvement of Zip’s finance processes & procedures.
- Coach and guide junior members of the team
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Min 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the end to end month-end process.
- Monthly management reporting, budget to actuals variance analysis and commentary
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards & principles
- Cashflow management experience.
- Experience with Forex.
- Intermediate to Advanced level Excel skills.
- BAS, FBT and income tax return experience.
- Proven experience in process improvement
GREAT IF YOU HAVE, BUT OK IF YOU’RE NOT THERE YET:
- Prior experience in the Fintech or Payments Industry
- Big 4 background
- Prior experience using the following systems: Calumo Reporting or similar BI financial reporting tool
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.