Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Zip, you'll be somebody who has a knack for crunching code, visualising data, and working with a broad range of stakeholders to answer real-life business questions.
We're doing exciting work to continually evolve the sophistication of our marketing measurement framework, making extensive use of AB, multivariate testing and other techniques to measure and improve our marketing effectiveness.
We'll need you to challenge the status quo and drive new ways of thinking to measure performance and contribute to the development of marketing strategy.
If you're seeking a hands-on analytical role but thrive on creative thinking and consulting with internal stakeholders, then please read on!
- Work with our large and complex volume of customer data to understand trends, behaviours and opportunities for growth, and narrow down by customer segment
- Take a leading technical expert role in the ongoing validation and continual evolution of our marketing measurement framework. Support the addition of new channels and campaign mechanics
- Develop customer and marketing data infrastructure such as ETLs, dashboards, and reports - making analytics simpler and more consumable for stakeholders
- Collaborate with the broader Data & Risk team to share ideas and discuss analytical approaches in the interests of promoting continual development
To help us level up, you will ideally bring
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in any data analytics role (ideally working on customer data to understand trends and behaviours of customers)
- Solid experience with tackling marketing incrementality measurement (A/B or multivariate testing) using applied statistics (e.g. stratification, variance reduction techniques, uplift modelling, significance testing and non-parametric approaches, generalised linear models)
- Experience designing or working with advanced measurement frameworks
- Good knowledge of applied statistics
- Advanced SQL skills for performing complex queries and data manipulation
- Knowledge of Python or R for wrangling data
Bonus points for
- Experience working with B2C marketing, customer or life cycle teams
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Economics)
- Experience with predictive modelling (e.g. LTV, propensity models, customer segmentation), multi-touch attribution techniques and MMM
- Experience developing reports and/or dashboards using Tableau or other leading BI tools, such as Qlik, PowerBI
- Knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Braze; and digital analytics / data collection platforms such as Google Analytics, Amplitude
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.