Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Merchant Success Manager in our Merchant Success (account management) team, you will own relationships with our top tier retailers and brands. As a member of the team, you will be on the front-lines of a fast-growing payments business - talking commerce with business owners of highly coveted brands to leading executives of Fortune 500 companies.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and operate as the lead point of contact for high touch enterprise accounts via real-time discussions both in person and via Zoom.
- Use data to advocate for our partners internally by working closely with cross-functional teams, such as Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering.
- Act as a consultant in shopping and e-commerce for our partners, (ideally) with a deep understanding across the multiple verticals and segments that our partners operate in.
- Manage negotiation strategies for partner renewals, and successfully execute on those strategies to drive contract extensions and upsell our new products.
- Collaborate with our partner marketing team to create and deploy data-driven initiatives that benefits both Zip and our partners.
- Aggregate and deliver key retailer insights, in regular business reviews (QBRs), by proactively engaging and collaborating with our (awesome) data team.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement to change the payments space!
- 5+ years of relevant Account Management or Partner Management experience, ideally in an e-commerce, financial services or payments environment.
- A creative thinker, and team player who is constantly looking to bring new and fresh ideas to our team.
- A demonstrated track record in building and nurturing relationships at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working at a high growth tech company is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields.
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.