Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
The Credit Risk Insights and Data Science team at Zip are central to our goal and ambitions, they build the models that underpin our products, provide the insights that shape our plans, and run the experiments that move our business forward.
We’re looking for a Senior Risk Manager to own the ongoing review of product risk controls. You'll have proven experience developing data driven insights within the credit risk space as well as the ability to build trusted partnerships with a range of stakeholders and business units.
This role offers the chance to take on a high visibility role, playing a critical part in the credit risk landscape at Zip. You'll be able to drive change within a fast paced environment and make a quantifiable impact to the Zip business; if you love problem solving within a complex risk environment then we want to hear from you!
- Develop dashboards to challenge the accuracy and validity of business assumptions to mitigate risk and ensure effective monitoring
- Identify gaps in our credit risk process (Line1) and provide analytics driven recommendations to achieve and maintain sustainable risk adjusted return.
- Support a wide range of internal stakeholders with timely and accurate data and insights.
- Utilise product knowledge and risk management expertise to develop insights and analytical solutions pertaining to business performance.
To help us level up you'll bring
- Proven experience in credit risk management
- Stakeholder management, influencing skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Strong technical experience with SQL.
- Experience building dashboards using Tableau or similar (i.e. Power BI, Qlik).
- Presentation skills, ability to discuss risk process to stakeholders at all levels.
- People management skills is a bonus but this could also be a growth area for you!
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.