Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
The backbone of every excellent company is their quality customer service and the Customer Experience team. Zip is one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs and is looking for an energetic specialist tohelp manage the full Zip Business client experience journey as well as being a point of contact for our internal teams.
supports all our merchant and small business customers. The role helps support Trade
, a buy now pay later facility that empowers small business owners to pay invoices/bills, purchase online or tap to pay wherever Visa is accepted. You will also work closely with Capital
and be expected to articulate the benefits of both products according to the customers needs.
You will be at the very front end of the business, speaking to our small business customers, listening to and understanding their needs and wants. You will become an integral presence within the growth aspirations of the business, on a fast learning trajectory building your overall knowledge and skillset to further develop your career.
You will own inquiries and be able to learn how to fully resolve each interaction or escalate the customer inquiry to the correct team, including product, collections and underwriting. You will manage customer enquiries, whether they be new or existing customers, articulating the benefits Zip Business has to offer and how to best manage their account. In this role you will have impeccable judgment and the ability to de-escalate and manage customer disputes.
Through operating as the customer’s primary point of contact, the internal voice and the company’sexternal ear, you will serve a pivotal role in enriching every facet of the consumer zip experience as well asdevelop a nuanced view of multiple branches of the business.
If you’re excited at the prospect of developing your collaborative and communication skill sets in addition to working with one of the biggest pioneers in Fintech, Zip Co is the perfect home for you.
What you will own and support:
- Have a customer first mindset with an obsession over their experience
- Be the first point of contact, both externally with potential and existing customers via phone, email, and socials to help with any specific requests, escalating requests to other team members where required. And internally, in terms of becoming a Zip Business product and client experience expert amongst other Zip client experience peers
- Work closely with our product, engineering, sales/acquisition, collections and underwriting teams to resolve any issues or bugs which may arise, conducting regular Q and A sessions with the respective teams to detail the issues at hand
- Provide regular feedback to product, engineering, CRM teams contributing to the overall development and improvement of Zip Business, based on customer feedback and your own suggestions
- Have the confidence to manage the customer Internal Dispute Resolution process, lodging IDR forms, seeing complaints through to conclusion
- Help to ensure client and partner satisfaction by providing professional support during and after the application process and if required handle client concerns by providing swift solutions
- Work within multiple CRMs and other internal systems at Zip Business
- Conduct limited outbound acquisition calls, potentially needing to reach out to customers and assist with the completion of applications and managing their account
- Be actively supported by colleagues within Zip Business that have a wealth of industry and client facing experience.
- Help guide and mentor new team members as the business grows
- Follow internal workflows and processes carefully with a strong attention to detail
- Take end to end ownership of customer feedback, complaints and fully resolving general inquiries. This includes taking full responsibility of the “Zip Business” bucket, ensuring all inquiries are addressed within a timely manner
- Help drive positive change throughout the business by identifying customer issues and proposing process improvements
- Identify trends and patterns and make workflow suggestions that are supported by data
- Sending through Macro and contact reason requests to the QA team to be implemented into outbound email communications
- Embody the Zip values with a focus on customers (customer first), individual accountability (own it), working effectively as part of a team (stronger together) and seeking to continuously grow and improve (change the game)
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 12+ months experience in a customer service or customer facing role, and/or has worked in a call centre environment looking to break into a more involved customer experience role, as Zip business evolves its market offering
- Hunger and passion to participate and actively contribute to the fast growth and development of Zip Business’ client experience
- An eagerness to learn and understand the needs of Australia’s small business community. A passion for helping others and creating an outstanding customer experience
- The ability to prioritise and keep calm during high-pressure situations, and a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong communicator who is passionate about working in a team, sharing their knowledge and teaching their peers
- Problem solver who thinks fast and on your feet
- Adaptable and comfortable taking the initiative
- Ability to manage change
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of CRM ticketing systems
- Ability to follow workflows and procedures carefully
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.